OCBIS is an operating system for a geoscience and research portal that is centered on earth science. These days, this portal offers data from a wide range of industries worldwide. This site provides information on the earth’s surface for anyone, even Indian citizens. In this article, we will discuss about the OCBIS login Portal, its objectives, the Process of registering, and how to download reports from the portal.
Know About Geological Survey of India
The Geological Survey of India (GSI) is the representative body for Indian science. It was founded in 1851 as a Government of India agency under the Ministry of Mines. Second only to the Survey of India (founded in 1767), it is among the oldest in the world for carrying out geological surveys and studies of the nation. In addition, it serves as the main source of fundamental earth science knowledge for the public, corporate community, and government. It also participates officially in international geoscientific forums pertaining to the worldwide steel, coal, metals, cement, and power sectors.
Ocbis Portal: Overview
This gateway is being developed by the Online Core Business Integrated System Project (OCBIS). Through this site, residents, other stakeholders, and the larger geological community will have a single point of access to GSI’s services and information. Offering a single, thorough, reliable, and accurate source of information on the Geological Survey of India (GSI), its accomplishments, operations, and other geological aspects is the aim of this page.
Highlight of the OCBIS Login Portal
|4 March 1851
|Government of India
|Kolkata, West Bengal
|Government agency executive
|Shri Janardan Prasad
|Government agency Ministry of Mines
Objective For OCBIS Login
Given below are the few objectives of the portal are:-
- To develop into a company that exchanges knowledge for the benefit of the department and other governmental and private entities, such as research centers.
- Every person receives training in accordance with the objectives.
- Evaluation of training requirements
- Streams under organized services are subject to orientation sessions.
- frequent in-service training.
- Training linked to promotions and mid-career advancement for all grades and streams
- programs designed for middle and top-level managers
- Courses in management, administration, and science
- guidance for support systems
Missions For GSI
There are some mission for GSI that we have mentioned below:
- Basic Geology Data Generation
- Survey of Land and Marine
- Survey of remote sensing and aerial
- Natural resource Assessment
- Assessment of natural mineral resource
- Assessment of natural energy mineral resources.
- Management and storage of data.
- Publication and information of library map, geoinformation, and collection of data.
- Multidisciplinary Geology
- It includes the management of geotechnics and geo-disaster
- Climate change and ecosystem.
- Research and Fundamental geology.
- Capacity Building and Training
- It includes the training and building of capacity.
Steps to Register Ocbis Portal
In order to successfully register on the Portal, Follow the given below steps :
- Step 1: First choose your one of the most favorable browsers from the device.
- Step 2: Select the official website from the appearing SERPs, and make yourself land on the homepage.
- Step 3: As you land on the homepage of the official website, you will need to fill in the personal information like Full Name, Occupation, Email, Employee ID, Password, Year of Birth, Gender, Country, State, City / Town, Highest Qualification, Specialization, Mobile
- Step 4: Once all the information has been entered, you must accept the terms.
- Step 5: Finally Click on the “Register” button that will make you to create an account on Ocbis Portal
Steps To Ocbis Login Portal
In order to ocbis login you need to follow the given rule :-
- Step 1: First choose your browser from the device.
- Step 2: Then visit the official website of ocbis or click on the link provided to you: https://training.gsiti.gsi.gov.in/login
- Step 3: Once you are into the Ocbis portal you need to fill in your Ocbis login credentials like Username and Password
- Step 4: Click “Log in” once you have entered all of your information.
Steps to Reset Password For Ocbis Login
Follow the given below steps in order to rest the Ocbis portal password:-
- Step 1: First choose your browser from the device.
- Step 2: Then visit the official website of ocbis or click on the link provided to you: https://training.gsiti.gsi.gov.in/forgot-password/send-otp
- Step 3: After clicking on the link you will be landed on the Forgot password portal where you need to enter the Username/Register mail ID.
- Step 4: Then you need to click on the “Send OTP”. After a while, a reset link will be sent to you in your mail.
In this way you can reset the password.
Process to Download Report From OCBIS Portal
This is a database platform, as you are already aware. You may readily download any of the GSI and research reports from this page after logging in.
- Visit gsi.gov.in official homepage or website first.
- Next, locate the report section by scrolling to the middle of the page.
- You will be redirected to the report creation page after choosing the report selection.
- This page requires you to produce the report as needed.
- Proceed to produce a report after filling out your credentials. After that, your report will be created.
- Just select your report from the last page for download.
Brief History of Geological Survey of India
Following are the points related to the history of Geological Survey of India given below:
- The first geological map of India was of the region of Hyderabad which was given by Vyostsky in 1821.
- There was a museum of geology built in three rooms of the Asiatic Society of Bengal in 1840.
- A survey was conducted with the aim of conducting geological surveys in three coal-producing districts in 1846 and William was the geological advisor for the East India company, who developed various reserves in Raniganj, Karnapura, and Jharia coal fields.
- In 1851 Thoma Oldham arrived in Calcutta and took charge of office on March 5, in the same year. It was the founding point of the Indian geological survey.
- The three-tier subdivision of Vindhyas was established by H.B. Medlicott in 1854-55
- Phone Number: 10013 / 10014
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The OCBIS Portal serves as a crucial gateway to Earth science knowledge, operated by the Geological Survey of India. Established with the aim of sharing geological information widely, the portal offers a user-friendly registration process, login system, and report download functionality, enhancing accessibility for citizens and stakeholders.
The information available in the above article is based on our true research and belief but it may contain mismatched information as the official website itself does not claim any accuracy and credibility. We suggest you to use or explore through this platform on your own risk the website will not be responsible for any misinformation.
How can I locate my Employee Identification number?
A six-digit Personnel-ID has been issued to each and every GSI employee. Using the Personnel Search Utility, which is accessible from the main page, one may find their Personnel ID.
Does GSI offer its external users access to its laboratory facilities?
Yes, GSI offers external parties access to its laboratory facilities. The Services page provides information on the services offered. The ‘Service Page’ and Download Zone offer the pertinent ‘Schedule of Fee’ for download.